I mexiCAN!

Fast food has given itself such a bad name in the past, things are about to change. There's so many fantastic places to buy a quick and easy meal these days, take Tossed, in Westfields White city and the Wahaca Experiment Centre on the South bank, it's not long before they make their way further north. In Nottingham we've got Mexican! Mexican has always been a firm favourite of mine, and whilst flour tortillas are off the menu there's still taco's which are super yummy!

This Saturday took me on my second trip to BarBurrito, this has the fastest and friendliest service of anywhere I've been in Nottingham, and the food is fantastic. 

First you're greeted by the bright colours, outside furniture and comfy booths, with a large serving counter at the far end. Our favourite server was there again to talk me through (again) the options, everything sounded so tasty but in a panic I ordered the same as I had last time. Maybe it can't get any better.. I'll find out next time 


I had hard shell tacos; two with Char Grilled Chicken and one with Slow Cooked Pork, then was the choice of spicy or mild beans I had mild (chicken!), optional guacamole, sour cream, salad, jalepenos, salsa (mild, medium or hot) and of course cheese. It all came in a snazzy basket lined with BarBurrito initialled paper. 

M had a burrito, a warmed, soft tortilla with meat of your choice (he went for chicken, chicken), with spicy rice, mild beans, medium salsa, guacamole, salad, sour cream, a few tentative jalepenos and again, of course, cheese. 


We munched into our Mexican with massive smiles on our faces and left full enough to take on the rest of the days revision/shopping, maybe mostly shopping. I definitely would recommend BarBurrito if you're ever in town and need a quick bite to eat, it'll keep you satisfied til dinner and certainly won't break the bank, mine came to a comforting £6.15 (and you get student discount!) 


For any coeliacs, there's no specific gluten free menu but you're able to have the hard taco's, nacho's, the burrito bowl and any of the fillings (except the cheese sauce) Amazing!


It's 'Food that mex the world spin faster!' 


No comments:

Post a Comment