Its been a while, I think its time we got back together!

It feels such a long time since I was part of the blogging world, but well, I miss it. Ive been inspired to rekindle my passion by a lovely lady starting her own blog, its brilliant id urge you to check it out (www.haneats.com) for if ever you're in Birmingham (or surrounding areas).   I might not have been writing about my adventures but I've certainly still been enjoying them. Still residing in Beeston I am gradually working my way around the restaurants in this quirky little town. Ive infrequently visited Nottingham city centre but I have to say when I have done so there's been some great finds. I've ventured to Yorkshire most recently too so have a few cracking recommendations for there if you're ever up that neck of the woods. I have been to Cafe Roya in Beeston recently, and it certainly didn't fail to disappoint once again. But i'll start with somewhere in Nottingham, seems appropriate for the first venture back.


RED's True BBQ: Let there be meat
I visited REDS for a girlie dinner. I am a big meat eater and never shy away from a large portion (this is what I'd heard on the grape vine) so I was excited for my first RED's experience. My Mr has always been a fan of RED's and he tends to be good with meat so again I was looking forward to it. IT was however, a big disappointment. Don't get me wrong, the company was exceptional, and I had a great time. The food however, not a patch on my friends in terms of satisfaction. 

I went for the half BBQ chicken, a safe choice I know, but one I've grown to love at places like Turtle Bay, like Bill's and even Nandos (sometimes!). I chose the normal fries as my side order, perhaps a bad choice in hindsight, never go for normal when there's sweet potato available.


The food came, it looked delicious, sadly didn't live up to its appearance. My chicken was incredibly dry, I couldn't actually finish it as it had the same effect as a number of ryvita! The chips were good, but nothing to write home about.


One of my pals opted for the ribs with a side of macaroni cheese, I heard no complaints from her and the macaroni cheese sure did look tasty!


Another friend, the pulled pork sandwich, she enjoyed it but said again, nothing special.


The atmosphere in REDs is very cool, feels very trendy. You sit on long tables with other meat eaters, there are anglepoise lamps (difficult to manoeuvre with big groups, but cool nevertheless)


The wine was good, we enjoyed a bottle of Jarrah Wood Pinot Grigio (Australia) - nice and refreshing.


I would probably visit again, but definitely not if wanting to impress guests with food options. I'd be wary of disappointment.

I hope you have better experiences but this one wasn't for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment