New ventures in Beeston

It's been such a long time since I've written about my foodie adventures.

I haven't been in Nottingham for many months this year, when I have my evenings out have been few and far between, mostly special occasions and not times to be snap happy. There've been some amazing dining establishments crop up over this time tho and I think it's about time I started visiting them. 

One definitely worth a visit is George's Fish and Chip Kitchen. Now being gluten free the fish and chips (battered style) don't reAlly appeal but as my 60 (ish) year old father can verify they may be some of the best fish and chips you'll have in your life. I opted for the grilled fillet of cod with grilled mushroom and Stilton chips and I can safely say it was definitely worth the batter sacrifice. 

The puddings at George's are so exciting too! Exciting definitely being the correct word. They have a blue banana ice cream that's unlike anything I've tasted before everything is served with candy floss so you can't help but smile. 


My latest trip has been to Cafe Roya in Beeston. I'm newly a resident of quaint Beeston and having previously been a frequent attender of Belle and Jerom e I was saddened to see it was no longer. A new restaurant 'Rye' has popped up in its place and I have to say it's very good! Watch this space

Cafe Roya though, tripadvisor will tell you it's the number one restaurant in Beeston, now Yiannis next door to me (being greek food) could rival this. However I definitely felt it was worth a try. It's a vegetarian restaurant where half of the menu has not just gluten free options but vegan options too. 



The interior is really quirky 


We shared a gluten free hummus to start. It was a good sized portion and really tasty 


With a glass of wine on a school night!


Mr M had a vegetable pie with potatoes, roast peppers and a line yoghurt 


I had a feta cheese polenta dish with nutty 'meatballs'. It came with gluten free garlic bread and you wouldn't have known the difference from normal!


We boldly cleared our plates and awaited the pudding menus


I had a chocolate brioche pudding with ice cream and pear. It was delicious. One of the best gluten free puddings ive ever eaten 


Mr M had a plum compote with crumble. A bit too sharp for his taste but he enjoyed it nevertheless (a bit of food envy never hurt anyone) 

I would definitely recommend you give Cafe Roya a try. You don't notice the lack of meat (for those meat lovers) and it's certainly very filling. A romantic atmosphere, lovely food and friendly service. Definitely one Id go to again. 

Here's to more blogging in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment