The Wollaton - a brunch date with our favourite Nothern pair

We needed somewhere to pop to for spot to eat with our old housemates pre Cheese and Wine party, nothing too heavy but we were all pretty hungry (no surprise there!). 


I've been to the Wollaton a number of times for lunch and once for dinner, it's always excellent food, sometimes can be a little disappointing when there's no tables in the restaurant as you have to eat in the more 'pubby' area and order food up at the bar etc. The menu, however, is still the same wherever you sit though and as I said really very nice pub food. 

We popped down in the car and realised on Saturdays they serve a Brunch menu 12-4 which surely was going to be exactly what we were after. 


On perusing the menu the food, whilst sounding delicious, was slightly more than we were bargaining for, but we ordered what we fancied and chilled out in the pub area catching up on each others news and reminiscing about the old times



I had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs (the pub were really helpful with regards to being gluten free, there just wasn't many options I could have) without the toast!




H had a BBQ burger, this was a surprising addition to a brunch menu but my goodness me it was one of the most tasty things I've tried in a long time.
 



N had a sausage sandwich, and P a fish finger sandwich, served on really fluffy looking white bread, with a little side of parsnip soup.  

I'd love to try the brunch menu again when I had a slightly bigger appetite and having made a booking so we could lounge in the luxury of the restaurant area but overall I can't really fault the Wollaton for an excellent girly lunch. 


We bought the girls a 'Nottingham Cookbook' each. You can buy them in the Wollaton, in Delilahs, Homemade and many others. It makes such a cool Christmas present and has recipes from all the best places to eat in town including many places featured on Two Teas. I couldn't recommend it more 



No comments:

Post a Comment