'That Japanese restaurant on Lenton Boulevard'

Last Friday was date Friday. I was taken on a surprise trip to 'That place on Lenton Boulevard' (Lenton, Notts, NG7). It's called Higoi, it's Japanese, they serve mainly sushi and sashimi and my goodness it is to die for.


On slightly untraditional form we ordered a bottle of Pinot. I should've been brave and tried the Sake, maybe next time, it was a really great wine actually. Maybe surprising for a very traditional Japanese restaurant .

I have read tons of fantastic reviews from people all around the country about Higoi. I urge you to have a read for yourself

I'd been before but was excited to introduce Mr M to the world of 'real sushi' 

We ordered a sushi main course to share and a sashimi main course to share. We were treated with a mango jelly appetiser before the sashimi arrived in this magnificent boat 


As it was date night I decided not to take too many pictures, but I can assure you the fish was so fresh, all of it absolutely delicious topped with different caviars and garnished with a variety of salad. 

Here's the sushi. Equally as amazing. I wish I could tell you what each one was but I was enjoying myself far too much! 


Definitely give Higoi a go. It's a little pricey, but worth every penny. I'm a fan of sushi in any form. Yo!, in a packet from m+s, a botched job by myself. But this place really is miles above the rest. 

Have yourself a sushi Friday too!

Higoi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment